Embarking on your Pokémon adventure with PokeWilds can be exciting and at the same time, overwhelming. This beginner’s guide provides a roadmap to help you navigate the game with ease and get the most out of your Pokémon adventure.
Making a New World in PokeWilds
Starting off, you need to set up your gaming world and character. Here are the steps:
- Type a file name for your world
- Select a world size
- Type a name for your in-game character
- Customize color and player
Voila! You’re ready to begin!
First Steps in PokeWilds
Your journey starts with a Machop that has the ability to Build. This is a Field Move that allows the player to construct structures.
As a new player, you should:
- Find Poké Balls near the shore.
- Recruit friendly Overworld (OW) Pokémon by interacting with them using the Z key or the A button.
- Look for a Pokémon that can use the field move Cut. This is essential to collect logs and grass from trees and long grass.
- Build a campfire for light at night and to craft useful items like Poké Balls.
- Catch or befriend Bug and Flying type Pokémon to gather resources for crafting a bed.
- Collect 3 Silky Thread from Bug-types, and 3 Soft Feathers from Flying-types to craft Soft Bedding at a Campfire.
- Build a house using your Machop and create a bed with the Soft Bedding and 4 logs.
General Tips for Poke Wilds
- Picking up wild eggs can make wild Overworld Pokémon hostile.
- Jumpluff and Bellossom are friendly Overworld Pokémon with Cut ability and can be found in Forest and Savannah biomes.
- You will respawn where you last slept, and caught Pokémon with a full party will be sent to your last sleeping place.
- Campfires, torches, and Fire-types with the Flash field move can provide light at night.
- Sleeping indoors and in a constructed bed heals your Pokémon quicker and cures status effects.
- Status effects can be removed by sleeping in a bed, using Berries, or by letting the Pokémon faint and then using the Sleeping Bag.
Q: What should I do as a new player? A: You should find Poké Balls, recruit friendly OW Pokémon, find a Pokémon that can use the field move Cut, build a campfire, and construct a bed.
Q: How do I remove status effects? A: You can remove status effects by sleeping in a bed, using Berries, or by letting the Pokémon faint and then using the Sleeping Bag.
Q: What happens if I faint? A: If you faint, you will respawn where you last slept. The same applies when catching a Pokémon with no more room in your party.
Q: How can I scare off ghosts at night? A: You can scare off ghosts by using campfires, torches, and Fire-types that have the Flash field move to generate light.
Q: How can I heal my Pokémon? A: You can heal your Pokémon by sleeping indoors, and sleeping in a constructed bed heals even faster and also cures status effects.
Dive in with these guidelines and you’ll be a Pokémon master in no time!