Find your corner of Amsterdam with this essential travel guide to this historic city, designed to help you create your own unique trip and to transport you there before you've even packed your suitcase - stroll along atmospheric canals, reflect at the Anne Frank House, explore the Rijksmuseum, or relax in Vondelpark. The
DK Eyewitness Guide to Amsterdam covers the must-see sights and the hidden corners, so you won't miss a thing.
- Gorgeous, all-new color photography so you can imagine yourself there
- Reasons to love Amsterdam: world-class museums, canal cruising and funky street art - what will yours be?
- See Amsterdam from a different angle - 22 pages of fresh ideas for exploring the city
- A year-long calendar of events in Amsterdam gives a selection of local events and festivals for all seasons
- Expert advice covers the practical stuff: get ready, get around and stay safe
- Detailed, color maps help you navigate the city with ease
- Expert tips to make memories that last - where to snap and share the perfect photo, take in stunning views and escape the crowds
- The most authentic places to stay, eat, drink and shop
- Easy-to-follow walks and itineraries take you on a tour of each area, with plenty of eat and drink stops en route.
- Hand-drawn illustrations show the inside of the must-see attractions, including Oude Kerk, Museum Ons' Lieve Heer op Solder, and the Museum Willet-Holthuysen
- Covers Nieuwe Zijde, Oude Zijde, the Central Canal Ring and Eastern Canal Ring, Museum Quarter, Jordaan and the Western Islands, Plantage, Noord, plus sights beyond the city.
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Amsterdam is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you create your own unique trip.
Planning a shorter break? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Amsterdam guide.